Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:13:51 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Aaron Sonntag" <aaron@sonntag.org>
Cc:        "Scott Hess" <scott@avantgo.com>, FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI RAID controller support

> Ok so we get back to the RAID controller... can I not boot from the AMI
> MegaRAID controller?

I believe I've already answered that question.  At this point in time,
you can't boot from or install to an AMI MegaRAID controller under
FreeBSD 3.4 or earlier.  You can do this with the upcoming 4.0 release,
and I expect that when I stop answering questions about it, the 3.4-STABLE
branch will develop this ability as well.