Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 22:26:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Bogusz Jelinski <bogusz@lib.amu.edu.pl>
To:        Torkel D Engeness <torkel@MIT.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AHA 2940

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Torkel D Engeness wrote:

> We are looking for the software for using a Adaptec AHA 2940
> on our Linux (Redhat) system. Does anyone know where I can
> get this software?

I ran Linux (Slackware-3.0) with AHA 2940. There was a boot
image with a kernel supporting this controler.
You can always recompile the kernel. You will probably
have to type aha2940=?,?,? at the lilo (or give it to
the liloconfig) followed by IRQ, I/O and ... I don't know the
rest - find it yourself in a booting.txt or install.txt

I think you will get better support addressing your
e-mail to a Linux list.

Bogusz