Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 12:27:21 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: USB Rio 600 error: usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT

A little while back I reported that...
> Up until now I've had almost no serious problems communication with my USB
> attached Rio 600 using rioutil (audio/rioutil), however with my last
> update with sources cvsup'ed on the 3rd of April, attempting to do so
> results in the error "usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT".
> usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT

After attaching my Rio to my PC running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3 and trying to
communicate, I found that the rioutil was giving the same error, but ran
ok as root, suggestion a simple permissions issue.

Changing permissions of /dev/urio0 , the user is able to talk to the Rio
as before on 5.x, however despite correct persmissions the same error
persists in 4.x.

Any suggestions are welcome.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |