Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:03:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Val <val@hcol.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   realencoder on FreeBSD?

Hi,
I am looking for the cheapest way to set up a real audio broadcast of a
radio station.
I got the basic server, it runs fine on freebsd :)
I got the real encoder 5.1 i think and it runs fine under win95, sends the
data over to the freebsd which can serve up to 60 channels :)

Now, I want to move the real encoder to the freebsd box too.  On the web
site they got versions for Irix 6.3 and Sun SunOS 5.5.1 (Solaris 2.5.1).
Will they run under freebsd (the sun version i guess)?
Also, would be interesting to hear how others do it, do you set up a radio
next to computer and plug the headphone cable into the sound card
microphone? or do you get one of those radio cards?  or do you set your
computer on the radio station's premises?

Thanks in advance.
Val.