Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:13:12 -0400
From:      Mark Thomas <thomas@clark.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simple port blocking

I have a dial up machine that I use for internet connectivity. It's running
only basic services, ssh, sendmail, ftpd. I'd like to set it up so the
ident port shows as blocked rather than timing out connections. I'm not
running inetd. Is there a simple way of doing this? I'm guessing there's a
port that does what I want, I just don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Mark
---
thomas@clark.net ---> http://www.clark.net/pub/thomas