Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:54:06 GMT
From:      dme@zigzag.org
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Alicher O Alikhodjaev <cher@test.phys.msu.su>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

the 5x9 family can be asked to receive all multicast traffic, but not
just a selected set of multicast addresses.  this is better than
promiscuous, but still not ideal.  i've never looked at the freebsd
5x9 driver, so i've no idea if it already does this, but `group' mode
is turned on by setting bit 0x2 in the command status register.
--
``We don't modify the data, we just pass it on.''
                                      -- Andy Walker, SCO EMEA Support