Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:33:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Separate boot partition?

On 07-Apr-99 Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Ollivier Robert:
>> Speaking of HP, their LVM system is cool. Now, that would be a nice
>> addition to vinum (please don't look at me, I'm not a FS expert).
>
> Speaking of HP again, another well-done things in HP-UX is their packaging
> system (swinstall, swpackage and all that). It works well for the system,
> packages and patches and makes building of packages very easy...

Hate to disagree, but HP has the most unfriendly and wastful method
with swinstall, etc.  It may be more thorough in it's testing and
reporting, but I'll take a FreeBSD system with ports and/or packages
over it any day.  Unless, of course, I'm looking for some time to get
other stuff done.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2