Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      zenin@www.archive.rhps.org (Zenin)
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gtk1.1 port problems.......

> Trying to make gtk 1.1 from the newest ports cvsup I get this.......
	>snip<
> *** GLIB 1.1.1 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
> *** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
	>snip<
> Any ideas for me??

	Install the latest GLIB.  The current glib port is at 1.1.2, so I'd
	recommend cvsuping the latest ports tree, then:

		cd /usr/ports/devel/glib
		make install

		cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk
		make clean
		make install

	The make clean in gtk is to make sure your gtk port is clean so that
	any build you tried in the old port doesn't cause problems.

-Zenin
 zenin@archive.rhps.org