Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 21:01:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Jim Dennis <jim@starshine.org>
Cc:        Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>, zounds@INNOSOFT.COM, root@synwork.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse Outside of X

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Jim Dennis wrote:

> 	Perhaps someone is porting gpm to FreeBSD.  Maybe someone will
> 	also bring 'loadkeys' along for the ride.
>
> 	(hmm...adding gpm support to lynx, tin, and elm would be
> 	cool too).

I recall hearing on the ncurses-list that the DEC vt1000 (and I think
another) terminal emulation standard had support for mice.  ie. One could
define a rectangle on the screen, and pointer clicks within that
rectangle would be recognized.  The newer versions of ncurses also
support mice...

Offhand, I'm not exactly sure how this support manifests itself; whether
it just reports mouse-clicks, or wether it could be used to provide some
sort of console cut&paste...

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk