Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:15:11 -0600
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adaptec 1520b ISA SCSI Controller

I'm having trouble installing an Adaptec 1520b ISA SCSI controller on
4.2-RELEASE.  I looked in LINT and found:

# SCSI host adapters: `aha', `aic', `bt'
# aha: Adaptec 154x
# ahc: Adaptec 274x/284x/294x
# aic: Adaptec 152x

I put "device aic0 at isa?" in the kernel config file.  It compiles
fine and reboots.  I see nothing in the dmesg about the controller
being found.  I tried turning on the bios on the controller but that
only causes a panic during boot.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Thanks for any help.

---
| Jason P. Halbert                 | jason@jason-n3xt.org |
| Transmitter Maintenance Engineer | DALnet: Dielectric   |
| KDAF-TV/DT WB 33/32              | ICQ#: 86637300       |
| KC5WEG                           | (214) 252-3300       |
|     Experts know more and more about less and less.     |
|                  http://jason-n3xt.org                  |