Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:19:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, vj2786x@mbox4.singnet.com.sg
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix and FreeBSD

>From: David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
>Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:08:45 -0600

>Sun has a promo where for home or educational use you can purchase a
>copy of Solaris 2.6.0 for $10 (was over $18 by the time they added
>shipping and taxes). This is a very good deal, if for nothing else but
>the printed documentation. Haven't installed mine but am told it lacks a
>compiler.  :-(

Solaris 2.x, as shipped by Sun, does lack a compiler.  In addition to
other Net locations from which to obtain a compiler (that were already
mentioned by others), I tend to use sunsite.unc.edu.  (However, I've
only picked up SPARC packages there; I have no x86 machines at home.)

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621