Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:46:03 -0700
From:      "Mohd Fahadullah" <fahadullah@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Incorrect physical memory when hw.physmem is set

Hello,

There is a peculiar case when physical memory limit is set through
hw.physmem and Freebsd sets usable memory to much lesser value.
In cases with 8 GB of RAM where the physical memory address space is
remapped above 4 GB and if we set hw.physmem to 4 GB then Freebsd actually
skips the segments remapped above 4 GB. So we end up with much less memory
than 4 GB depending upon the memory hole in the top of 4 GB address space.

I would like to know if someone else came across the same issue.

Thank you,

Mohd