Date:      Thu, 14 May 2009 13:39:17 +0200
From:      "marco\.borsatino\@poste\.it" <marco.borsatino@poste.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        nvass9573@gmx.com
Subject:   virtual network with qemu

First, thank you.
You are right, qemu has an internal DHCP server, which should be perfect =
for me, becuse I would like to emulate a network without any contact with=
 external (real) world. The problem is that my virtual PC can't ping the =
gateway. For my idea (this is just a way to study a project for a network=
 without a real network) the communication is intended only among virtual=
 PCs. But If I can't contact the (virtual) gateway will it be possible to=
 contact another virtual PC on a different subnet? Or even on the same su=
bnet? In my idea I would like to create a little but complex net with one=
 master controller, a slave controller, a little number of client belongi=
ng to different subnets. Maybe with or without a DHCP server.

Marco