Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:03:09 +1200
From:      David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Injecting a packet with explicit route.

Hi,

Due to the wonder of IPFW and divert sockets I have been merrily catching
packets, modifying them and reinjecting back in from userland to great
effect for some time now. What I would like (need) to do is much the same,
but being able to explicitly state which route to take (for a packet going
outwards), or being able to tell which route a packet came in from (for a
packet coming inwards).

I suspect the necessary stunts are to have access to sufficiently low level
networking to be able to capture and write a packet with layer 2
information, which probably involves netgraph? Can anyone think of another
way? Oh, and if I do go to netgraph (in itself not a bad thing), do I have
to use a kernel mode debugger - just too addicted to KDevelop I guess.

Thanks,
Dave