Date:      08 Aug 1996 08:02:25 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BISDN & FreeBSD

Hello,

On the ISDN list I asked about sync PPP for BISDN. Someone told me
that it would be implemented soon for NetBSD (no modem emulation
coming alas).

Then I asked about FreeBSD, and he said that work was only for NetBSD,
but that someone can port it to FreeBSD. It requires a modified kernel
PPP and PPPD.

My question: is someone tracking BISDN and porting it to FreeBSD? Any
chance of sync PPP on ISDN available anytime soon?

As much as I hate it, but I'll have to install Linux tonight since
that is the only system I can really use with my new ISDN connection.

This is a good example of how extremely counterproductive the BSD
splits are, and that although Linux is much less clean, the large
numbers are a big advantage: much more hardware support and software
available. It just never hit me personally until now.

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht),
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands