Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:32:18 -0500
From:      "Chad A." <chad@dnsdesign.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMB

	Hello, my name is Chad. I have a network here at my house and I have a freebsd machine acting as my gateway for the internet. I followed a documentation on ONLamp.com for accessing a shared drive on a windows machine. What I'm trying to do is mount my windows machine shared drives to my bsd box for my ftp site that I share some mp3s with some friends from work. When I try and connect to the shared drive I get these errors.. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions, Thanks.

hockey# smbutil login //hockey@hockey
Password:
smbutil: can't get handle to requester (no /dev/nsmb* device)
smbutil: can't get handle to requester (no /dev/nsmb* device)
smbutil: could not login to server HOCKEY: syserr = Invalid argument

Also, I have already done made /dev/nsmb0 via cd /dev/ ; ./MAKEDEV nsmb0
and when I ls -d /dev/nsmb* I get nothing.

- Chad