Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:34:45 +0000
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Growing a filesystem

I am running a FreeBSD 2.2.8 box with a large external SCSI-SCSI RAID
as a single large filesystem.  This is filling up.  The RAID
controller lets me add more disk easily enough, but can I resize the
UFS filesystem without restoring the whole thing from tape?  From what
little I know of filesystem structure this ought to be possible: just
rewrite the superblocks.  In fact it looks as if it could be hacked in
as an option to newfs.  Could it?

Nick Barnes
Systems Manager
Geodesic Systems