Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 00:46:37 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.jhs.local>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few NITS about SCSI Tapes

Hi, Reference:
> From: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
>
> Julian H. Stacey stands accused of saying:
> > I have 3 60M drives here, of different manufacturers,
> > if you want a timing test done, tell me what to do (I run current)
> > (I'm picking up this conversation late)
>
> Likewise 8)  IIRC, it was about rewind times for tape streamers.  For
> reference (in case someone faster hasn't given these numbers already) :
>
> Rewind times for a Tandberg TDC3660: 62 seconds for a DC6150, 136 seconds
> for a DC6250.
>
> > Julian

I get 62 seconds for a 45Meg tape on a wt0: type <Archive> 5945C

I also have a Tandberg 60M & 525M drive, but Michael Smith
has beaten me to those timings above.

I also have a Cipher 60M drive on another machine, I'll transfer that
only if whoever's collating these numbers sees this mail
& says "yes please do I need the numbers"

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/