Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:35:01 -0400
From:      mmoran@veronet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Empty Maillogs???

Hi all,

I noticed the maillogs on my server are empty - no messages nothing just
empty few days ago. I suspected I might have added my upstream provider's
IP addresses (as secondary DNS server just in case of my primary DNS one go
down) to my resolv.conf file to cause this, isn't it? I removed the IP
addresses that I added and re-start it, still maillogs are empty.

Before this change, I was able to review my maillogs - now I unable to, all
I can see is empty screen :( I've looked all of FBSD mailing lists with
this - no luck :(

Here's the info of maillog after 'ls -l' command:

hawk# ls -l maillog
-rw-r--r--  1  root  bin  0  Jul 14  02:00 maillog
                         ^^^

ditto on maillog.0 .1 .2 ... with same time (2am)

Is there way to get the messages back to my maillogs?

Thanks!

- Mike Moran