Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:36:25 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@widomaker.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mxv and xwave

From: 	Pat Lynch[SMTP:lynch@rush.net]
Subject: 	mxv and xwave

>in mxv, as well as what changes I've made to the xwave source to get it to
>compile on FreeBSD, I get the error : 'not able to get audio buffer size'

>or something like that. I'm using the OSS sound drivers and a Vibra16x
>card

>could it have something to do with OSS?

Hey, looks like a chance to run this one by:
I'm using the same deal, had a SB16 running with stock audio drivers ok, SB16
kicked the bucket so got a SB ViBRA16X off the shelf, then bought a license
for the OSS drivers, using FreeBSD 2.2.6. An old RealAudio 3 player for FreeBSD
(only one I could find) worked with the SB16 for hours, now with the ViBRA16X it'll
play files and 14.4 audio ok, but 28.8 audio plays maybe a few seconds, then the
system locks up, then kaboom, total reboot - just like hitting reset.  This phenomena
may happen when net congestion starves raplayer but haven't confirmed that.
Just cvsup'd to 2.2.7 but still same crash.

Meanwhile was going to try RealPlayer 5 for linux.

	Chuck
	FreeBSD-2.2.7
	cswiger@widomaker.com