Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:11:38 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@juniper.net>
To:        Vallard Benincosa <vallard@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console redirection during

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:16:22PM -0700, Vallard Benincosa wrote:
> Does anybody know how to enable console redirection through the serial
> port during a FreeBSD 6.2 jumpstart install?  I searched documentation
> but didn't come up with anything.  Thanks for any help.

First, make sure the bios is redirection the traffic to console

In the /boot/loader.conf file, place the following lines

  console="comconsole"
  comconsole_speed="115200"

Edit the file /etc/ttys so it has the following

  ttyd0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   on  secure

Edit the file /boot.conf so it has the following

  -D -h

Josef

--
FreeBSD 6.2         | I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor
Josef Grosch        | just because some moistened bint had lobbed a