Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 14:17:38 -0400
From:      Mathew KANNER <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        tylhd@pchome.com.tw
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Read vob files on movie dvd

On Apr 08, tylhd@pchome.com.tw wrote:
> I have check some information on mailing-list in 2000-2001, and xine
> web site But it seems that I cannot find the answer

	Surprising considering we have discussed this frequently.

> It seems to be impossible to mount movie dvd with mount command
> I wonder if Fbsd could read vob files?

	No and indirectly yes.

	You can mount a typical DVD as you would a normal cd, eg
"mount -tcd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom".

	Xine can play vob files, though it won't decrypt DVDs so you
will either have to 1) Figure out how to decrypt the DVD, 2) get
non-encrypted DVDs, (I hear p0rn isn't encrypted).

	--Mat

> Thanks for your answer

Mathew Kanner <mat@CS.McGill.CA>  Sys Admin at large
   Obtuse quote: He [not me] understands: "This field of perception
   is void of perception of man." -- The Quintessence of Buddhism