Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 08:11:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: random coredumps since upgrade to 2.1

> Since doing the install upgrade to 2.1, I have had programs randomly
> coredumping on me.  So far, it's been XSVGA (twice)
>
> The eystem is a noname 486-GIO-VT motherboard with only ISA equipment
> in it, a 1542B running at 8Mhz bus rate, NE2000-compatible NIC,
> Cy486DLC(2/66), and a Tseng Labs ET4000-based SVGA card.

I've had the same problem with XSVGA (a couple of times it starts up
from startx and doesn't survive long enough to get up the Xterms -- although
Xclock sometimes kicks in.)

I've got the same processor (in the laptop) and and ISA bus design with
VLB video.

Bill
 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter        | The postmaster always pings twice.
 Lakewood MicroSystems               | 17 Meredith Drive,
 908-389-3592                        | Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
 pechter@shell.monmouth.com          |