Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 03:24:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Matthew Emmerton wrote:

> > Richard Hodges wrote:

> I'm not sure how much of a difference the "certificate" would make, as far
> as import duties goes.  I live in Canada (Toronto, Ontario), and accoriding
> duty, 7% GST, 8% provincial tax, plus a $5.00 handling charge by Canada
> Post.  (So much for NAFTA!)  So on a USD$30 set of CDs (CAD$45), that works
> out to be about $15 in taxes and fees due to the classification.  I don't

Hehe..  Yes.  It has become a bit rediculous :(

I think I may start selling FreeBSD CDs here in Canada to avoid all this
nonsense.  You'd still have to pay GST, but the $5 handling fee is the one
that REALLY bothers me on small purchases from the US.

I wonder what kind of lot size I'd have to be ready for for a 4.4-RELEASE?

Later......						<Doug>