Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 19:27:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        neillt@realgoods.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS questions...

> but when a user tries to log in, they get:
>
> jake: {10}telnet elwood
> Trying...
> Connected to elwood.realgoods.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
>    FreeBSD (elwood.realgoods.com) (ttyp0)
>
> login: tester
> Password:
> Login incorrect

You installed the DES package so that the password is created from
the user password being DES encrypted instead of MD5 checksummed,
right?

IOf not, make sure you do it as root and reset your root password
(or unset it) so you will be able to log in... your current passwords
local to the machine will be invalid.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---