Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 18:42:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Hoppy <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop Armor

I'm getting ready to spend about a month offsite.  We have a decent
laptop which runs windows (ick).

I would like to be able to gear up to be able to run FreeBSD on the thing
while I'm gone rather than fiddling with dos.

In order to do this, I will probably need to do something like a JAZ drive
for primary FreeBSD storage, since the thing's disk is full of other junk
which I might need.

Right now, I have no PCMIA cards for the thing.  It's a toshiba Satellite
Pro 586 with 20MB.

My question would be, what PCMIA card(s) should I be looking at which can
drive the JAZ drive, can it be setup to hold FreeBSD, and also what
network/modem boards people are using successfully with FreeBSD.

When Its my turn to have this thing, I wanna be able to whip out my disk
and be up and running FreeBSD.

Any suggestions?

Clay D. Hopperdietzel 					    hoppy@appsmiths.com
AppSmiths, Inc.                         Voice (713) 578-0154 Fax (713) 578-6182
15915 Katy Fwy, Suite 470                        Where do *I* Want to Go Today?
Houston, Texas  77094                                                  FreeBSD!