Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:18:03 +0100
From:      Robert Suetterlin <robert@mpe.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Q: Is there a working HSM for *BSD (possibly free and open source)?

Hello,

	I am looking for a working hirachical storage management under
BSD.  So far I looked on this list, Google, the freebsd-search page and
asked on IRC, but could not find hints to a working solution.  As I
found lots of discussion on this toppic dating several years back, and
as there are non-free solutions available that rely on DMAPI (or
OpenXDSM) to work, I would  also like to know if this API is available
under (any) BSD.

Preferably I would like to use a free open source implementation.

Sincerely, Robert.

--
Robert Suetterlin (robert@mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950