Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:58:20 +0100
From:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
To:        "Sergey A. Ivanov" <lw@pd.chel.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some problems with snmp

"Sergey A. Ivanov" wrote:

>   I'm trying to monitor my network traffic (slip and ethernet)with
> mrtg and ucd-snmp. I'm run snmpd and create config with mrtg's
> cfgmaker. It discovered all interfaces, but sl0 was marked as
> administratively disabled. Running snmpwalk i'm see:

> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.2 = sl0
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.2 = slip(28)
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifMtu.2 = 1500
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.2 = Gauge: 57600
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifPhysAddress.2 =
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifPhysAddress.2 =
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus.2 = down(2)
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.2 = up(1)

> Why it have AdminStatus=down when OperStatus=up? It's normal? If no,
> how can i fix it up?

I don't have my SNMP bible in front of me, but it looks like a bug. You
can log a bug report at
	http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/
Please include the version of UCD-SNMP in your report.

For now, you can just manually add a section for sl0 to your mrtg.cfg.

Cheers,

				-- Bert
--
Bert Driehuis, MIS -- bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com -- +31-20-3116119