Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:35:24 -0500
From:      Henry Sobotka <sobotka@axess.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with large drives?

Josh Paetzel wrote:

> You are not having a compatability issue with that drive and FreeBSD.  I am
> using that exact drive on one of my boxes as we speak.  Perhaps you have a
> bad boot image on one of your floppies....I have run into that in the past.

Thanks for the confirmation which rules out the drive. I've eliminated
bad floppies as they work fine on my other machine (both the original
set and fresh ones I made to doublecheck). This box has a USB hub and
ports, which I gather the generic kernel doesn't support. Could that be
triggering the probe freeze? Enough port/modem detection routines have
locked up this machine that I now always opt for manual input if
possible. Is the probe a shell script and, if so, where can I find it to
see what it's doing?

Henry