Date:      Wed, 03 May 2000 09:41:11 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Nate Puri <natepuri@office.ompages.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -nat and SAMBA

Did you set the gateway on the windows/unix machines to the IP address of
the ethernet card in your BSD box? Can they ping the gateway? Can you
tracert to an outside IP address?

At 04:57 PM 5/2/00 -0700, Nate Puri wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm running 'ppp -auto -nat -quiet' and samba on the same box.  Right now
>my Win98 boxes access samba shares just fine, but do not access the internet
>over over the LAN.
>
>I have all the correct settings in rc.conf, i.e., gateway_enable="YES",and
>the ppp_* settings.  Other unix boxes can access the internet using this
>method, but others cannot...
>
>Is there something that I need to do in terms of NAT to make this work ?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>-nate

Jonathan E. Lyons 			Nucleus Consulting
parrothd@midwest.net			www.nucleusconsulting.com
ICQ # 14226912			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!