Date:      Tue, 20 May 2014 03:18:19 -0500
From:      Pete Carah <pete@altadena.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Net-SNMP conflict

PLEASE don't automatically install pkg during the build of ANY other
package; if this happens in the middle of a portupgrade -a on a system
without pkgng, the result is not pretty; all packages built after
net-snmp have a duplicated origin, among other things.  I hope I can
recover the system since it is supposed to be a production server.

Yes, I realize I'll have to convert.  However, this forced install
doesn't convert the database so the pkg database and /var/db/pkg end up
inconsistent, and I can't tell what is really installed on all of the
packages that show a duplicated origin.

-- Pete