Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 16:40:29 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rob MacGregor <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen Resolution

> So have I (in fact that's how I started using FreeBSD 5.0).  However the drivers
> required for their emulated graphics card are only supplied for FreeBSD 4.x with
> VMWare 4.5.

You can use graphic driver modules (${X11}/lib/modules/drivers/vmware_drv.o)
that is bundled with recent Xorg/XFree86, and it is (ideally) the same one
VMware supplies by VMware tools for FreeBSD.

No worries, it just works.  Don't forget to set
	Driver "vmware"
to Section "Device" in xorg.conf/XF86Config.  You may also set
	BusID "PCI:0:15:0"
to "Device" section, but if my memory serves right, it is automatically set by
driver itself.

--
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita