Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:04:27 -0400
From:      "B. Cook" <bcook@poughkeepsieschools.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAE or 64bit?

hey all,

Looking for opinions..

We are going to be getting a server for drupal, running lighttpd and
php, as well as exim and SA with clamav, courier or dovecot, mysql
51.. etc.

Right now this setup does about 200G per month (we have two boxes) and
were looking at getting one box to do it all (business department
reasons) and assuming it would be doing double the work.. we would be
looking at a single box running 600GB max per month in traffic (about
2Mb/sec)..

We would be (hopefully) be going with sas drives instead of the sata
we have atm.  Not trying to make this a debate about hardware but..

The question of at least 4G of ram came up.. and we starting debating
about PAE or just going with x64..

we would not be using zfs, we would be running RELENG_7_0.

again, looking for opinions on PAE vs x64 for this type of setup.

Thanks in advance