Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Magnus Bein <ambein@mac.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Will copying FreeBSD stable on a ISO-9660 CD install correctly?

Hello,

I am wondering how to use the sources for the FreeBSD stable version available online.

Is it possible for me to download the sources onto a computer with a different operating system (e.g. Mac or Windows) and burn it on to CDs in the ISO-9660 filesystem and then use them to install FreeBSD stable on an i38x computer?

My challenge is that I'd like to install FreeBSD on a computer that has very limited internet connectivity (a 56k modem). I do have access to high speed connections and the ability to burn CDs (i.e. a university computer lab), but the computers are Win and Mac.

Thus the maze-like question.

Thank you,

Magnus