Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:45:27 EDT
From:      "John Daniels" <jmd526@hotmail.com>
To:        K.J.Koster@kpn.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: <insert witty subject here>

Hi:

I was (in part) commenting on the fact, noted earlier, that BSDi folks were
mum on any Java-BSD news the day before the announcement.  My impression,
judging from their silence and the details (or lack thereof) in the press
release is that they haven't advanced much beyond where the FreeBSD-java
porting team is today.

Naturally, I'm happy that any vendor supports Java on *BSD, and as you point
out their port *may* be totally different, but that would seem to defy
common sense.  Why didn't they just call it patchset 9 for consistency? ;)

John