Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 10:30:39 PDT
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ftpd is not up

Hi,

I try to setup a ftp server on my FreeBSD. I can ping through this FreeBSD,
but I can't ftp. The ftp client will stalk until timeout when try to make a
ftp connection. the ftp client and ftp server in the same ip broadcast
domain. I do setup the firewall, but it is totally open.

I use inetd to call up ftpd. It is suppose to that someone ftp to my ftp
server, inetd will bring up ftpd automatically. But using "ps waux" to check
my process, I can't find ftpd up.

I try call up ftpd directly by setting up echo " ftpd" && ftpd -D in
/etc/rc.local. it's the same situation. Can anyone give me some suggestion?
Thank you.

Lei