Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:16:03 +0300
From:      "Sergey Matveychuk" <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        <jdroflet@canada.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tips for MPD PPtP  Re: still troubles with MPD and WinXP

> Bill Moran wrote up these tips based on some testing he did when I was
> having problems last month, perhaps they will help you ? The main thing
> I found was to turn off Multilink on the Windows side.
> Do a search on google groups for:
>  "PPtP Client to MPD to boxes behind NATD are very slow?? (solved?)"

I'v tried all tips I found. Nothing help. I'v varied MTU size, set multilink
on and off and so on.
All tips I'v found in FreeBSD mail lists and google.
Thinks was going better or worse but not good.

All troubles I got when I moved from Win2k to WinXP.

Here if my mpd.conf:
default:
        load ciam-pptp
ciam-pptp:
        new -i ng0 ciam-pptp ciam
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface idle 1800
        set iface enable proxy-arp
        set iface mtu 1400
        set iface up-script /usr/local/etc/mpd/mpd-up.sh
        set iface down-script /usr/local/etc/mpd/mpd-down.sh
        set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.1/32 192.168.1.100/32
        set ipcp dns 192.168.1.1
        set bundle disable multilink
#       set link mtu 1460
        set link disable pap
        set link enable chap
        #set link enable no-orig-auth
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        #
        # enable Microsoft encryption
        #
        set bundle enable encryption
        #set bundle enable crypt-reqd
        set bundle enable compression
        set ccp yes mppc
        set ccp yes mpp-e40
        set ccp yes mpp-e128
        set ccp yes mpp-stateless

All mpd.conf I'v seen was a similar but without up/down scripts. This
scripts set ipfw rules only but may be something goes wrong with mpd when it
run the scripts?

I'v thought it's my WinXP fault but it works fine with poptop. But I don't
satisfy of poptop stability though.

----
Sem.