Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:23:43 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        'Wonderful One' <hellaenergy@hellaweb.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Ports Question :-)

Unclear what you really are after...
Doing some diffrent answers to diffrent questions.

1. to install a port run "make install" when in the port dir
you want to install.

2. If you download a package that's not in the ports collection
you COULD download this in /usr/ports/distfiles.  Run gunzip
and then tar -xvf.  install the port with the install script.

Just trying to help, if I'm way off, dont have a heartattack
and blame me.. :)

PeTe