Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:54:20 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        "dipl.eng.Danail Kolev" <danail_dsk@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: from Bulgaria

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 01:34:03AM -0700, dipl.eng.Danail Kolev wrote:
> Dear Sir or Lady,
> I have two problems:
> 1. How I made cyrilic under FreeBSD 4.0
> /in text mode and X-windows mode /
> 2. I need from office packet /Staroffice/ for FreeBSD
Hello,
If you'll be happy with russian locale then:
I. For console you need:
  1) Launch /stand/sysinstall. Go to Configure->Console->Font and select KOI8-R
     Goto Configure->Console->Keymap and select Russia (KOI8-R)
  2) edit /etc/login.conf and two lines into class 'default' before umask= :
       :charset=KOI8-R:\
       :lang=ru_RU.KOI8-R:\
  3) reboot
II. For X11
  1) goto /usr/ports/russian/koi8r-ps
     make install
  2) goto /usr/ports/russian/X.language
     make install
  3) You can also try other russian ports like  netscape3.language,
     netscape4.language, etc
  4) If you use xdm or wdm or kdm or any other graphical login (and you just
    don't use startx to start X) then add "export LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R" to
    begining of your ~/.xsession (or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession)
  5) Reboot

PS.
Actully these reboots is not nessesary.

PPS.
AFAIK, russian cyrillic does not have some Bulgarian characters.

Удачи!

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia