Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 16:39:13 +0300
From:      sanli@atom.x-atom.ru
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cyclades Cyclome-16Y problems

Hi!

I have got a Cyclades Cyclome-16Y (ISA). and FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE
After reading all available documentation from Cyclades, from Mailing-
Lists, from Handbook and FAQ I have done the following:

1.
In MYKERNEL added string
device cy0 at isa? tty irq 10 iomem 0xd4000 iosiz 0x2000 vector cyintr

2.
dmesg shows:

cy0 irq 10 maddr 0xd4000 msize 8192 on isa

3. in /dev
sh MAKEDEV cuac0
sh MAKEDEV ttyc0

4. in /etc/remote added string
cyclome:dv=/dev/cuac00:br#9600

5. in /etc/ttys added string
ttyc00  "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on secure

So, the problems I have are:

1. When I do

# tip cyclome
connected

I cannot input any AT commands to my modem, and cannot get out from
there with ~. command.
If I turn modem off the computer hangs.

2. The output of ps ax contains

159 ?? I 0:00.02 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyc00

and when I call in my computer the modems are handshaking but then
FreeBSD HANGS as in previous case.

Well, I don't know where to search the answer and wthat to do else.
Thanks, in advance.