Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 17:48:05 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aled Treharne <taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk>
To:        jim ward <jward3@idt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need help Badly.

On Sun, 11 May 1997, jim ward wrote:
> commander. i tried to install freebsd, and now my system can't recognise
> my hard drive. if i try to reinstall any operating system, it can't
> recognise my HD. if i try booting into dos, it wont work. i've tried
> every single possible BIOS setting and even reinstalling freeBSD. i've
> checked my connections on the inside of my computer and the hard drive is
> there and connected. so what could cause this?

This happened to me once. I went mad trying to work out what went wrong.
My problem turned out to be a broken data cable. Looked fine, but
obviously there was something wrong with it.
To me it sounds like dodgy hardware, i.e. the controller, the cable (!)
or even the disk itself. Hope this helps.

	  	   Aled Treharne		felix@royal.net
"Big Bird meets Salvador Dali has been brought to you by the numbers L and
                            ), and by the letter 3."
         For PGP Public key finger taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk

#include(disclaim.h)