Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
Cc:        Simon <simon@optinet.com>, "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Anyway to ipfw filter based on MAC address?

I can appreciate the sarcasm...  However, given today's generally IP-only
connected networks, ipfw does not seem to be a necessarily bad place to do
this kind of filtering...

I only mention it because dummynet could be useful bandwidth limiting to
MAC addresses as well.

And it never hurts to ask to see if somebody else has hacked it in, even
if the command name isn't exactly descriptive...