Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 00:11:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announcing CVSup: Intelligent SUP Replacement

I have a limited idea, and a somewhat limited understanding of the problem
(I'm reading avidly, but just getting used to cvs), but could I make a
suggestion?  How about reserving numbers on the main cvs tree, for every
file you intend to modify, in advance?  That way you'd not have the
problem of number collisions, no matter how many developers decided to
hack the same code at the same time, the one's that did it remotely would
HAVE to check in the get numbers.

I hope this is not too ridiculous.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |