Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:53:26 +0100
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenUSB for FreeBSD?

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:02:18AM +0800, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> OpenUSB's API is now rather stable and they have the front end
> and Linux/Solaris backend basically done. It is a fork of libusb-1.0
> development branch since that branch is dormant for a while.
> The aim is to be thread safe and supports assync I/O and isochronous
> transfer where libusb-0.1 may have problems.
>=20
> Is it possible for some people here to implement a backend
> (based on ugen?) for FreeBSD?

Interesting - definitely something I will take a look at. Thank you
for the pointer.

> Or maybe at least improve the current libusb-0.1.x implemenation
> for FreeBSD.

Yeah, I was looking at backporting some of the features from libusb
CVS HEAD to libusb-0.1 on FreeBSD a while back and improving FreeBSD
compatability as well for an application, I work on - but we ended up
making FreeBSD specific work-arounds in the application instead.

The current stable version of libusb certainly makes a lot to wish for
on FreeBSD.

> By the way, the latest CVS version of usbutils (lsusb) supports
> FreeBSD and it is rather a nice tool.

Oh, I haven't looked at this in a while. I'll try to come up with a
port for FreeBSD.

Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@FreeBSD.org>