Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:27:24 +0200
From:      Erik Udo <erik.udo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Init.c, making it chroot

How can i make init chroot after executing /etc/rc, and executing
/etc/rc again in the chrooted enviroment?

For this to work, i'd like to know at what point do i call chroot(),
becouse init.c uses fork() at the point where it runs the rc script.

The thing is, i want to run a whole system in a chrooted enviroment in
this livecd i'm making. But the command "chroot /mnt/root /etc/rc"
returns after the /etc/rc has been run, dropping me back from the
chrooted enviroment. And if it doesn't, init never starts the multiuser
mode.

So how can i go to the multiuser mode in a chrooted enviroment? I guess
the only way to do that is to modify init.c

Any help/feedback is appreciated.

Cheers, Erik