Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:22:33 +0200
From:      "Julian St." <der_julian@web.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's happened to CDIOCREADAUDIO & friends?

--=.U(.ogVdTahWGx.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:16:17 +0300 (EEST)
Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@Alfacom.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> We used to have this ioctl in old ATA/ATAPI driver (and still do in
> sys/cdio.h); apparently, it's no longer there with ATAng. Is this a
> bug or feature? And if this was planned what's going to replace it? As
> it is, this change has broken cdparanoia cooked ioctls interface (BTW,
> that's why it doesn't work without root privileges), xmms and xine
> CDDA support and perhaps several more ports.

That is why Digital Audio Extraction does not work with XMMS anymore?
It's kind of annoying if you do not have your CD-ROM drive connected to
the soundcard... :)

Regards,
Julian
--
Death is just Nature's way of saying, "Hey! You're not alive anymore!"

--=.U(.ogVdTahWGx.

--=.U(.ogVdTahWGx.--