Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        bright@hotjobs.com
Cc:        beyssac@enst.fr, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 19980921-BETA: more comments

 * From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>

 * uh :) that's because the packages are just pre-compiled binaries, most are
 * done in a.out to support 2.2.x, in fact i don't know of a ELF package made

This is not true.  Ports will be made to compile in either a.out or
ELF, depending on what you are running on your system.  (This means
ELF for 3.0-snap/beta users.)

Packages in packages-stable on ftp.freebsd.org are a.out only, but
that's because it's for 2.2-stable.  There will be ELF packgaes in
packages-current soon.