Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:15:48 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libc error question answered (partly)

Tim Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 08:21:15PM -0700, walt wrote:
>

>>walt wrote:
>>

>>>My guess is that the syntax of 'sort' has changed since lorder
>>>was modified in March of 2001(?)
>>
>>David Wolfskill just pointed out to me that the behavior of 'sort'
>>is completely different in -STABLE, which I've just confirmed.

> So the only explanation that I can think of is that you've got _POSIX2_VERSION
> set in the environment:

Well, in /usr/include/unistd.h I have this:

/* Define the versions we target for compliance. */
#define _POSIX_VERSION          200112L
#define _POSIX2_VERSION         200112L

which I think may have been added on 9-21 by Garrett.  If that's what
made the difference then it looks like lorder and friends had better
be updated sooner than later ;-)