Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:24:36 +0100
From:      Volker Stolz <vs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   6.1 libpthread: pthread_create and _pq_insert_tail: Already in priority queue

--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5

A rather largish application (the most recent version of GHC, see lang/ghc)
fails in its runtime system with:

_pq_insert_tail: Already in priority queue

Basically some threads and mutexes are involved, then the application forks=
, some more threads
are created and then I get this error on a pthread_create().

If I use libmap.conf to map libpthread to either libthr or libc_r, the error
doesn't occur. I'm a bit baffled by this...any pointers are welcome!

This is mentioned on some MySQL-lists as well, but never with an explanatio=
n :|
Maybe the runtime is violation some assumptions on what it should be able t=
o do
with threads, but I couldn't find anything "interesting".

Cheers,
  Volker
--=20
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
"All the excitement lies in pattern matching." (SPJ et al.)

--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5

--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5--