Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 13:29:50 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        bde@freefall.freebsd.org, coredump@nervosa.com, freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org, scrappy@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/1063

>> > I could have sworn this has been fixed.
>>
>> Not back then it wasn't. And a quick scan of the CVS logs shows no

>I belive Bruce's malloc fix fixed this too ?

No.  I found the _kernel_ malloc bug that among other things usually
caused panics when inflate's `slide' buffer was freed at the end of
the inflation.  John Dyson fixed the bug.

PR1063 is about gzipped _applications_ (knews and CRAFT) behaving strangely.

It seems unlikely that these are connected, and not easy to prove that
the applications are fixed.  First you have to discover exactly what
broke them...

Bruce